Third Party Press

Hensoldt Dialytan 4x Scope Cutaway

Absolut

Ever wondered how the inside of the Hensoldt Dialytan scopes look like and see what you actually do when you move them? Well, then this cutaway I found on eBay and was very proud to add to my collection answers this!

The purpose of this scope clearly was for commercial market, for being based upon a commercial model (with focal adjustment) and Suhler Claw Mounts in the spacing of a break barrel rifle - but the military ones are exactly the same, except for a fixed focal adjustment (it will lack the focal adjustment ring and will not move it front/rear), plus the addition of a rainshield at the very front.

The best thing on this cutaway is that even the reticle is still fully in place and it actually still works (while I do need to admit it is dirty/dusty inside, what though isn't much of a surprise).

HensoldtCutaway_01.jpgHensoldtCutaway_02.jpgHensoldtCutaway_03.jpgHensoldtCutaway_04.jpgHensoldtCutaway_05.jpgHensoldtCutaway_06.jpgHensoldtCutaway_07.jpg

That’s very cool! I’ve never seen one of these.
This will be also helpful to forum members who want to disassemble their scopes to remove rings. Excellent photos.

I question if this would have been made by the manufacturer. Why would it have claw mounts? I would think this was made by someone after it left the factory and had been fitted on a long gun. Very interesting though.

I question if this would have been made by the manufacturer. Why would it have claw mounts? I would think this was made by someone after it left the factory and had been fitted on a long gun. Very interesting though.
I did nowhere say this is a factory cutaway, so I wonder what exactly you are questioning. Since you though brought this up, I wouldn’t outrule this possibility. This is an awful task to perform and additionally I see no problem in adding scope rings, because this even makes it visible how a mount is attached and that on the inside no alteration is visible. Plus maybe it was even sitting on a cutaway rifle, who knows..

That’s great Georg. Probably a factory deal. I suppose it could a sales item, but either way it’s really cool. I don’t know many people who would go to all the trouble to make this. That’s a great display.

Georg glad to see you posted this . Ive never seen another in all my years . Have you asked Ingolf or either of the Meyer brothers to ask if they've ever seen another one ?? Very Cool Cut Away o_Oo_O(y)(y)

I have no idea who did this fantastic piece of work, but I have known a number of retired machinists who worked together to create similar functioning & instructive cutaway models of BMW motorcycle engines, transmissions, final drives and carburetors. Making these is quite an art in itself, whether done by a manufacturer or an avid hobbyist. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Military Rifle Journal
Back